When will transactions submitted via Adviser Online be processed?
Investment choice form will be effective from the date we receive it, if the form is received by 3.00pm AEST on a business day. Investment choice forms received after that time will be effective from the next business day. Other transactions may take a couple of days before they are processed. For more information on the processing of transactions, see section 'When are transactions processed?' in the Sunsuper for life guide.
Where your client requires multiple transactions to be processed in a specific order, to give your client the best experience possible, we recommend that you case manage the workflow of the individual transactions. Use “Manage transactions” in Adviser Online to help you.
Which internet browsers does Adviser Online work on?
- Internet Explorer 11
Please refer to troubleshooting section of this User Guide if you are having problems accessing Adviser Online, or functions within it.
What transactions are available in Adviser Online?
- Advice fee request
- Combine super into Sunsuper
- Authority to access information
- Income payment maintenance
- Investment choice
- Membership application
- Income account request
- Restart my Income account
Adviser Online also allows you to view your clients’ account information 24/7.
Why use Adviser Online to submit transactions (instead of paper forms)?
1. The transactions submitted via Adviser Online “land” in a more advanced part of our internal workflow queue. This means they will be processed quicker than if you sent the form to us via traditional methods.
2. The transactions in Adviser Online, like the Membership application, are more aligned to the needs of an advice interaction. Refer below to “Adviser Online – Membership application” and “Adviser Online – Income account request & Restart my Income account”.
Do not make alterations to a PDF generated via Adviser Online
Sunsuper will not accept forms generated by Adviser Online if alterations have been made to a generated PDF. If this occurs, we will send the transaction back for you to re-process.
I need to perform multiple transactions, and my client will only be in the office once?
Apart from the Membership application, you can create any other transaction available within Adviser Online at the same time. You can then have your client sign the required documents, and you can personally manage when each transaction is submitted, via “Manage transactions”.
Our promise to you is that we will process requests as soon as possible. In order to give you and your clients’ the best experience possible, we recommend that you personally manage the submission of individual transactions via Adviser Online.
How do I update client personal details?
If your client needs to change the bank account details we hold on file, they will need to submit a Change of details form form.
Adviser Online – Membership application
What does this form do?
This form allows you to send us a request to commence a new member account, including the provision of an Authority to access information, Investment choice, Opting in / Opting out of our default insurance arrangement, and Combine super into Sunsuper.
Important things about the Membership application:
1. You will need to provide us with a legible identification document that shows full name, date of birth and signature (e.g. Driver Licence).
2. Ensure you provide your client with an accompanying Sunsuper for life PDS, and ensure they have confirmed via the signed form that they have received a copy of the Sunsuper for life PDS.
3. If you need to perform additional transactions for this client (e.g. Income account request or Advice fee request), you will need to wait for us to process the Membership application before you are allowed to create an additional transaction. Membership applications are not processed on the same business day.
Adviser Online - Income account request & Restart my Income account
What do these forms do?
If you have an active authority on an existing Sunsuper member account, these forms will allow you to create/restart a new Income account. You will need to provide Sunsuper with details of your clients identification (Medicare card, Australian Driver Licence, or Australian Passport) so we can electronically verify your client.
Important things about the Income account request & Restart my Income account:
1. You will need to provide us with your clients’ bank details.
2. You will need to provide us with details of your clients identification (Medicare card, Australian Driver Licence, or Australian Passport) so we can electronically verify your client.
3. Ensure you provide your client with an accompanying Sunsuper for life PDS, and ensure they have confirmed via the signed form that they have received a copy of the Sunsuper for life PDS.
Adviser Online – Advice fee request
This task is only available via Adviser Online. A common question we get is “Why isn’t this transaction a sub-component of the Membership application?”
Sunsuper believes in transparency in regards to advice fees, particularly in relation to new members.
Adviser Online – Authority to access information
Sunsuper acknowledges that some advisers prefer to use their own Third Party Authority, and Adviser Online allows you to do this. Additionally, you will need to provide us with a legible identification document that shows full name, date of birth and signature (e.g. Driver Licence).
You can submit your own TPA form by checking the I’m using my own form box in the Authority to access information request or the stand alone TPA request - both accessible in Adviser Online.
A. Microsoft Edge and Safari are not supported browsers. You will need to access Adviser Online through one of the supported browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, or Firefox.
Q. I have hit ‘Save & Next’ and nothing seems to happen?
A. There are probably still mandatory fields on the screen that need completing. Scroll back up the screen and you should see those fields highlighted in red with a suitable message.
Q. I generated a transaction, but didn’t receive a PDF for my client to sign?
A. Please call us on 13 11 84 and we will email you a copy of the PDF. Alternatively, please cancel the task in Manage transactions and try again to complete and generate a PDF.
Q. I receive a message that I am ‘Unable to login to OpenAM’?
Clearing Cookies using Chrome
On Chrome Browser select three dots on far right of page:
This will open a drop down menu. Please select Settings.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Advanced.
Select Clear browsing data
Ensure Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files are ticked and then click Clear data button
Shut down Chrome and open a new Chrome session to access Adviser Online.
Clearing Cookies in Internet Explorer 11
Go to Settings by clicking the cog in top right corner of browser window and then select Internet options
Scroll to Browsing history and hit Delete
In the Delete Browsing History window, tick Cookies and website data and History
Then hit Delete at the bottom of the window.
Shut down Internet Explorer and open a new Internet Explorer session to access Adviser Online.
Q. I have been presented with an error screen after 30 minutes of non-activity?
A. Your session has timed out. Close your browser session and log in again to initiate a new user session. Any work in progress will be saved up to the previous ‘Save and Next’ button.
Q. I am unable to attach any documents? – I receive this message: File <file name> could not be uploaded. Please try uploading it again.
A. You most likely have multiple sessions of Adviser Online open across multiple browsers and 1 or more of those sessions has timed out. Close down all your browsers and retry. You will be able to go to ‘Manage transactions’, select your incomplete transaction and continue with attaching your document(s).
For further assistance, please phone us on 13 11 84.