Before entering the site, which you may access in several ways including but not limited to the web, personal or desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets and PDAs, these terms and conditions must be read and accepted.
These Terms and Conditions apply to Sunsuper Member Online and your use of it. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using Sunsuper Member Online. Before logging into Sunsuper Member Online for the first time, you will be prompted to accept these Terms and Conditions by ticking the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” box at the bottom of this screen. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will be unable to use Sunsuper Member Online. If you are not sure about any of the information contained in these Terms and Conditions please contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 11 84. We will be happy to explain any matter to you.
1. Terms & Conditions for UseThese terms and conditions only apply to Sunsuper Member Online and your use of it. All the other Terms and Conditions that apply to your relationship with Sunsuper still apply, including the general terms and conditions that relate to the use of the Sunsuper Internet Site.
2. Accepting these Terms and ConditionsYou accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by ticking the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the screen that appears on your first usage of Sunsuper Member Online.
3. Meaning of Terms
In these terms and conditions:
"Account" means the account established in your name in connection with your superannuation benefits in Sunsuper;
"Sunsuper" means Sunsuper Superannuation Fund;
"Sunsuper Internet site" or "Internet site" refers to our web site (https://www.sunsuper.com.au);
"Member" means a member of Sunsuper;
"Member number" means a confidential numeric string of characters given to you by us, which must be entered to identify who is operating the account for the purposes of transacting on Sunsuper Member Online. The Member number will be recorded against any transactions performed via Sunsuper Member Online;
"Password" means a confidential alpha-numeric string of characters which when used with your Member number gives access to Sunsuper Member Online;
"Sunsuper Member Online" means the facility permitting you to connect to us via the Internet to obtain information about your Account and carry out certain transactions;
"Superfund" means Sunsuper;
"Trust Deed" means the trust deed (as amended), which established Sunsuper;
"We, us or our" refers to Sunsuper Superannuation Pty Ltd (ABN 880 10 720 840), trustee of Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921) and its administrator Precision Administration Services Pty Ltd (ABN 47 098 977 667). These terms and conditions bind, and may be enforced by, both those parties jointly and separately;
"You and your" refers to the Member permitted access to use Sunsuper Member Online. Any references in these conditions to "you" and "your" includes a reference to any third party authorised by you to access and/or operate your account(s) through the service, with the intent that you shall be liable for any use of a service in respect of your account(s) and for any failure on the part of any such third party to observe these Terms and Conditions.
"Online Service" refers to Sunsuper Member Online (https://secure.sunsuper.com.au/MemberOnline/).
Any reference to any legislation or to any Part or provision of any legislation includes a reference to any modification or re-enactment of it, any Part or legislative provision substituted for it and all regulations and statutory instruments issued under it.
4. Continued Application of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to each use of Sunsuper Member Online. By using Sunsuper Member Online you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use the service.
5. Access and Security
5.1 We will provide you with a Member number and password.
You will be required to change any password provided by us on your first use of Sunsuper Member Online after receiving the password.
You must enter your Member number and password whenever you use Sunsuper Member Online.
To maximise security, you should regularly change your password in the ‘Manage personal details’ section of Member Online by following the directions contained on our Internet site. You can also do this by contacting Sunsuper on 13 11 84 to request a new password.
5.2 Your password must be at least 8 characters long. You agree that when you choose a password, you will choose something that will make it difficult for someone else to guess and that it will not be any of the following:
- Your date of birth;
- Your driver’s licence number;
- A sequence of the same numbers (eg 1111);
- A sequence of consecutive numbers (eg 1234 or 4321);
- Must be a minimum of 8 characters long;
- Must not be empty;
- Must be only keyboard characters;
- Must contain at least one non alpha character;
- Cannot be the Member number;
- Cannot be a reserved word (password, passwrd, passwd, secret);
- Must not be sequential characters (i.e: 987654; gfedcba, 123456);
- Must not be the same character over again (i.e: 111aaa);
5.3 You must ensure at all times that:
Your password is kept secure and not disclosed to anyone, except to us while using Sunsuper Member Online and you do not by any other action or omission (for example leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Member Online), allow any person other than yourself to access information or effect transactions relating to your Account.
To protect your password, it is recommended that you:
- Protect your password from being lost, stolen or disclosed;
- Not keep a written record of your password;
- Not give, show or tell your password to anyone;
- Not allow any person to read or hear your password, or watch you enter your password;
- Log off immediately after your have finished accessing your account.
Please note that we will not ask you for your password.
- understand that your Member number and password allow anybody using them to obtain access to information and effect transactions relating to your Account, as permitted by Sunsuper Member Online. Leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Member Online may also lead to these consequences;
- authorise us, where the correct Member number and password relating to your Account have been entered, to treat any operations on your Account, whether involving access to information or the effecting of transactions, as having been personally authorised in writing by you;
- acknowledge that we are under no duty whatsoever to enquire or establish whether a person accessing your Account using Sunsuper Member Online is a person actually authorised;
- understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and that, while we will take all reasonable measures to protect the security of such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us using Sunsuper Member Online.
5.5 If you suspect that your password and Member number may have become known to any other person, or that for any other reason another person may have been in a position to access your Account using Sunsuper Member Online, you must ensure that:
- your password is changed; and
- you inform Sunsuper immediately on 13 11 84.
6. Currency and Accessibility
6.1 You acknowledge that:
- information available through Sunsuper Member Online may not always be current; transactions effected via Sunsuper Member Online may take some time to process; and
- the services and functions offered through Sunsuper Member Online may not all be available at all times.
7.1 You acknowledge that subject only to the express qualifications below you are solely responsible for all use of Sunsuper Member Online, including information accessed, transactions made to your Account, and any breach of these terms and conditions.
7.2 Without limiting paragraph 7.1, you are liable in respect of access to information and transactions made to your Account:
- whenever the access to your Account via Sunsuper Member Online has been gained following the entry of your Member number and password;
- if you disclose your Member number or password to another person or fail to keep it properly secure; or
- if you have otherwise, by action or omission, permitted a third party to access your Account via Sunsuper Member Online.
7.3 For the purposes of clause 7.1 and 7.2, you will continue to be liable in relation to any information accessed or transactions effected up until the time that you notify Sunsuper on 13 11 84 that:
- the Member number and/or password may have become known to someone not entitled to know it,
- unauthorised access may have been gained to your Account in some other way, and
- we have had a reasonable opportunity to take appropriate security measures.
7.4 You will not be liable for unauthorised access to, or transactions affecting, your Account via Sunsuper Member Online following correct entry of your Member number and password if all of the following apply:
you were in no way responsible for the Member number and password becoming known to, or Sunsuper Member Online being used by, an unauthorised user;
- you were not otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions;
- you have otherwise acted honestly and reasonably and taken all due and proper care in the use of Sunsuper Member Online;
- you check your Account statements for unauthorised operations as soon as you receive them; and
- you fully co-operate with us and assist in investigating the circumstances that may have resulted in the unauthorised access or an unauthorised transaction.
Nothing in this clause 7.4 is to be taken as imposing a duty or obligation on us that would not otherwise apply.
7.5 Subject to clause 7.6, we will not be liable for:
- reliance by anyone on information obtained through Sunsuper Member Online;
- any failure by Sunsuper Member Online to provide information or perform operations requested, or any delays;
- any amount of loss or damage, except in the event of our negligence, fraud or deliberate misconduct;
- indirect or special loss or damage however caused, including as a result of negligence;
- consequential loss or damage suffered as a result of using Sunsuper Member Online;
- unavailability of Sunsuper Member Online; or
- any events whatsoever beyond our control.
7.6 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify:
- the application of any provisions of the Competition And Consumer Act 2010, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, or any equivalent State or Territory legislation;
- the exercise of any right conferred by such provisions; or our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by such a provision.
In the event of inconsistency with any such provision or with any other law, these terms and conditions will be read down accordingly.
8. Online Services
8.1 Online Services
We are authorised to act upon all instructions provided through Sunsuper Member Online using your Member number and password. Transactions made through Sunsuper Member Online are:
- governed by these conditions; and
- governed also by provisions of the Trust Deed governing the super fund and by the terms and conditions of any policy in respect of the membership of the super fund. We may delay acting on your instructions or we may ask you for more information before acting on your instructions.
8.2 If the service is not available, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that Sunsuper Member Online is available at all times. It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting normal payments or transaction details to the Fund if for any reason you are unable to use this service.
We are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- Failure of a service to perform in whole or in part, any function which we have specified it will perform;
- The unavailability of a service to you in whole or in part because of the failure of any communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- Delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of any communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
8.3 Errors or mistakes
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we make available to you through Sunsuper Member Online is correct and updated as per your instructions.
You must contact us as soon as possible if you think:
- There has been a mistake in a transaction made through Sunsuper Member Online; or
- Information received through Sunsuper Member Online is wrong or incorrect; or
- Updates are not reflected on your account after 10 working days
- We will do our best to rectify the error or indicate to you the approximate time necessary to rectify the error or complete the transaction upon receiving full disclosure of information relating to an error or mistake.
We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidential information concerning your membership(s) with us, which we receive from you electronically via our Internet site.
9.1 We may vary any of these conditions by written notice to you before a change becomes effective:
- by notice displayed on the screen; or
- by any other reasonable method.
9.2 If you use Sunsuper Member Online after notice has been given by a method referred to above, you will be taken to have accepted the variation.
9.3 Any help files and on screen notices form part of these terms and conditions to the extent relevant. If you use any function to which a help file or on screen notice applies, you will be taken to have accepted the help file and on screen notices as part of these terms and conditions.
10. Cancellation of Service
We may at any time without notice cancel your ability to use Sunsuper Member Online if we suspect you or someone else is being fraudulent or not within the terms and conditions as prescribed.
You may cancel your ability to use the service at any time by notifying us by email, in writing or telephone us on 13 11 84.
11.1 We may terminate your access to Sunsuper Member Online by giving written notice addressed to the last address we hold in our records for you, or by one of the methods referred to in clause 9.1 for notifying variation of conditions.
11.2 If at any time we consider it desirable for security reasons to conduct investigations we may suspend your access to Sunsuper Member Online with or without notice to you.
12. Further Information
GPO BOX 2924,
Brisbane QLD 4001