Our diversified options are shown on the graph below. The graph shows the performance of an initial investment of $1,000 over a period of time (based on the movements in unit prices net of fees and taxes).
Remember, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. It’s a good idea to consider returns over the long term, as markets can fluctuate in the short-term.
Click on the name of an option to remove it from the graph.
Transition to retirement income account unit prices
When you invest in an investment option you buy “units” in that option. Each unit has a dollar value, called the “unit price”. Your account balance is calculated by multiplying the number of units you have in each investment option by the unit price of each option. As unit prices are calculated each business day, the value of your account may change daily.
Due to legislative change, from 1 July 2017 Transition to retirement income account investment returns will be taxed at up to 15%, the same tax rate applicable to Super-savings accounts. To accommodate this change, Transition to retirement income account investment options use the same unit prices as Super-savings account options from 1 July 2017. Historical unit prices and investment performance shown are based on Super-savings account unit prices, which means historical Transition to retirement income account returns shown on this page will also reflect the investment tax of up to 15%. For the unit prices applicable to Transition to retirement income accounts prior to 1 July 2017, refer to the Retirement income accounts - Investment performance.
Learn more about...
The performance of other accounts
Retirement Income account
Member OnlineCheck your balance and see how your investments have performed. Login to Member Online.
The Dream Project
Get wise on investing through super so you can make the smart moves. Learn how at Mastermind investments
Keep track of your super
Here are a few tips to help you stay up to date with how your superannuation investments are performing.
- Read your annual statement
- Check your Super-savings account balance regularly with Member Online or Sunsuper app.
- Check that your investment choice is appropriate to your circumstances
- See what the markets are doing on Market Watch
- Subscribe to the Dream Project for regular updates
Unit pricing error compensation
Sunsuper has put in place comprehensive controls in order to minimise the chance of unit pricing errors. Should the unlikely circumstance of an error occur and Sunsuper determines that compensation is payable to members that have been adversely affected, we aim to ensure existing Sunsuper members are in the same financial position as if the error did not occur. For exited members, only amounts $20 or greater will be compensated. Sunsuper’s policy is in line with industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
- The graphic illustration shown above is based on exit unit prices for the investment option selected and an initial investment of $1,000 invested at the applicable entry unit price. Unit prices are net of investment fees and costs and investment taxes.
- Past investment performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Returns may vary considerably over time.
- Each investment option has a different performance objective, risk profile, asset allocation and investment style which may also change from time to time. Each of these features may be significant in respect of the investment return for any option. For information on investment fees, the characteristics of each investment option and how unit prices are calculated, refer to the Sunsuper for life Investment guide.
- This graphic illustration is provided for general information purposes only and is not to be relied on for the purposes of making a decision in relation to a financial product and is not suitable for professional advice. Before making a decision, you should consider obtaining advice from an Australian financial services licensee.
- The information contained in this illustration is given in good faith. While all reasonable care has been taken in producing this information, Sunsuper does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this information and will not be held responsible for any loss suffered as a result of relying on this information.