Looking to make the most of your super?
Look no further than an Income account, where you can receive regular payments into your bank account from your superannuation balance.
Receive regular payments, like you would from a salary
Enjoy tax benefits1
Super invested throughout your retirement
What is an income account?
- An income account, also known as a pension account, is a superannuation account type which allows you to receive regular payments into your bank account from your superannuation balance.
- It allows you to receive payments (you can choose the amount) at regular intervals (you can choose the frequency), which could be similar to receiving a salary from an employer.
- With an income account, your super stays invested. This means there's the potential for continued investment returns throughout your retirement.
- You also have the ability to make lump sum withdrawals from an income account if you wish.
Sunsuper Income account types
Depending on your age and circumstance, we offer two Income account types, a Transition to retirement Income account and a Retirement Income account. Learn more about which Income account type would best suit you below.
Our team of qualified financial advisers can help. They can give you personal financial advice at no additional cost about:
- how much money you’ll need in retirement,
- if you can access the government age pension,
- your income options in retirement,
- protecting you and your family with the right insurance cover,
- and more
1 Members who open a Retirement Income account enjoy tax-free investment earnings and no tax on payments or withdrawals after you turn 60. Members who open a Transition to retirement Income account may use the account as part of a tax strategy in the lead up to retirement. We recommended seeking advice to make your superannuation work best for you.
2 Subject to eligibility criteria, including a 12 month minimum membership period. The Retirement Bonus is generally paid into eligible Retirement income accounts in the July following the financial year in which the retirement income account was established. Please note other conditions apply. Find out more here.
3 Members are eligible to open a Transition to retirement Income account if they have reached preservation age. Preservation age is between 55 - 64 years, depending on your birth year - read more about preservation age requirements.