How to make a claim
1. Have the following information ready:
- your Sunsuper membership number,
- you can find this number in the top right hand corner of your Annual Statement as well as most other correspondence from Sunsuper,
- details about your terminal illness,
- the date on which your condition first presented itself, and
- details and the date of your diagnosis.
2. Call Sunsuper on 13 11 84 to start the claims process
You'll be transferred to our Claims Team who will be able to help with the first steps of the claims process. The Claims Team will:
- provide you with the details of your current account balance and insurance cover,
- advise you of the documents and information you need to provide for the claim to be assessed, and
- send you the Terminal Illness claim forms for completion.
3. Complete and return the Terminal Illness claim forms
To ensure we can process your claim as quickly as possible, please take the time to read each question and provide as much information as you can. The details and evidence you provide will determine the success of your claim so please don’t hesitate to ask us for help. We’ll be there every step of the way.
Completing all the required information and providing documentation is the most important factor in getting your claim processed quickly. To ensure you have all the help you need, you’ll be given the name and contact details of your own dedicated Claims Officer who will assist you with your claim and help answer any questions you may have along the way.