Contact us on 13 11 84 – We’re here to help at no cost to you!
Our Claims Representatives will guide you through the process and if applicable introduce you to our Early Intervention or Occupational Rehabilitation services on offer.
Sunsuper's claims process has been designed so that in most cases, you or your family should not require the assistance of a lawyer when making a claim. If you are thinking about seeking legal help, we recommend that you first determine the costs involved in doing so and how they will impact your benefit payout. We recommend that you contact us before seeking help from a lawyer.
Sunsuper claims philosophy
We adopt a professional, compassionate and respectful approach to claims management by actively keeping customers at the heart of everything we do.
Each claim is unique and we are sensitive to our customers’ needs at a difficult time - be it due to an illness or injury, or due to the loss of a loved one. As our member’s advocates, we will do everything that is fair and reasonable at a time when you need it most.
We are committed to being easy to deal with and providing exceptional levels of service to all of our customers.
We seek to be industry leading and innovative in our approach to claims management whilst ensuring we are fair and reasonable to all stakeholders.
What is the claims process?
The claims process typically has six key steps:
1. Contact us – The sooner you contact us the sooner we can assist you.
2. Eligibility check – We will ask you to provide us with some information relating to your claim. This will allow us to provide you with the correct claim pack.
3. Claim pack – Sunsuper Claim packs are tailored to the condition or event you may be claiming. It is important you provide us with as much information as possible and submit your claim as soon you can to enable us to commence your claim.
4. Claim assessment – Once Sunsuper has received all your required claim information, our insurer will commence their assessment process. Our promise to you is that we will provide you with regular updates throughout your claim.
5. Trustee review – The Sunsuper Trustee is committed to ensuring that the assessment you receive from the Insurer is fair and transparent, and that all final claim decisions are fair and reasonable. We have a dedicated team who review your claim, and will request any clarification or challenge decisions on your behalf, or in some cases, seek further information from you to support your claim.
6. Confirmation – We will contact you with the outcome of your claim.
A Death Claim is a request for a deceased Sunsuper member’s superannuation account balance. Where the deceased member had active Death Insurance cover at the time of their passing, the Death Insurance cover forms a part of their total Death benefit.
Terminal Illness claims
Income Protection claims
An Income Protection claim is a request for a monthly benefit payment where you become temporarily unable to work due to illness or injury.
Total & Permanent Disability claims
Total & Permanent Disability Assist claims
A Total & Permanent Disability Assist claim is a request for your Sunsuper superannuation account balance and Total & Permanent Disability Assist insurance cover, where you have become totally and permanently disabled.If you don’t have Total & Permanent Disability Assist insurance with Sunsuper, you may be able to claim your superannuation balance as a Permanent Incapacity benefit.