Sunsuper may only refund contributions in the following circumstances:
- Member does not meet an age-based contribution acceptance test
- Member makes a non-concessional contribution in excess of the non-concessional contribution cap
- Employer has not supplied sufficient member information to allocate the contribution
- Employer can demonstrate they made a genuine error, such as a clerical error, computer malfunction or other mistake at the time of contribution.
As an employer, how do you prove a genuine error and how long does it take to process?
- All requests for adjustments must be received in writing from the employer with evidence or relevant linking documents to demonstrate the error made. This can include a statutory declaration.
- Once approved, Sunsuper must refund the contribution within 30 days of becoming aware of the event.
Requests for contribution refunds or adjustments along with supporting documentation can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org