These Terms and Conditions apply to Sunsuper Member Online and your use of it. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using Sunsuper Member Online. Before logging on to Sunsuper Member Online for the first time, you will be prompted to accept these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the “I agree” button at the bottom of this screen. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will be unable to use Sunsuper Member Online. If you are not sure about any of the information contained in these Terms and Conditions please contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 11 84. We will be happy to explain any matter to you.
1. Terms & Conditions for Use
These terms and conditions only apply to Sunsuper Member Online and your use of it. All the other Terms and Conditions that apply to your relationship with Sunsuper still apply, including the general terms and conditions that relate to the use of the Sunsuper Internet Site.
2. Accepting these Terms and Conditions
You accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the “I agree” button at the bottom of this screen that appears on your first usage of Sunsuper Member Online.
3 . Meaning of Terms
In these terms and conditions:
- "Account" means the account established in your name in connection with your superannuation benefits in Sunsuper;
- "Sunsuper" means Sunsuper superannuation fund.
- "Sunsuper Internet site" or "Internet site" refers to our web site (https://www.sunsuper.com.au);
- "Member" means a member of Sunsuper;
- "Member Number" means a confidential numeric string of characters given to you by us, which must be entered to identify who is operating the account for the purposes of transacting Sunsuper Member Online. The Member Number will be recorded against any transactions performed via Sunsuper Member Online;
- "PIN" means a confidential numeric string of characters which when used with your Member Number gives access to Sunsuper Member Online;
- "Sunsuper Member On-Line" means the facility permitting you to connect to us via the Internet to obtain information about your Account and carry out certain transactions;
- "Superfund" means Sunsuper;
- "Trust Deed" means the trust deed (as amended), which established Sunsuper;
- "We, us or our" refers to Sunsuper Superannuation Pty Ltd (ABN 880 10 720 840), trustee of Sunsuper and its administrator CitiStreet Australia Pty Ltd. (ABN 47 098 977 667). These terms and conditions bind, and may be enforced by, both those parties jointly and separately;
- "You and your" refers to the Member permitted access to use Sunsuper Member Online. Any references in these conditions to "you" and "your" includes a reference to any third party authorised by you to access and/or operate your account(s) through the service, with the intent that you shall be liable for any use of a service in respect of your account(s) and for any failure on the part of any such third party to observe these Terms and Conditions.
- "On-Line Service" refers to Sunsuper Member Online (https://ebzone.precisionadmin.com.au/ebzone/sunsuper/member/).
- Any reference to any legislation or to any Part or provision of any legislation includes a reference to any modification or re-enactment of it, any Part or legislative provision substituted for it and all regulations and statutory instruments issued under it.
4. Continued Application of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to each use of Sunsuper Member Online. By using Sunsuper Member Online you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use the service.
5. Access and Security
5.1 We will provide you with a Member Number and PIN.
You will be required to change any PIN provided by us on your first use of Sunsuper Member Online after receiving the PIN.
You must enter your Member Number and PIN whenever you use Sunsuper Member Online.
To maximise security, you should regularly change your PIN by following the directions contained on our Internet site. You can also do this by contacting the administrator on 1800 700 885 who will forward you a new PIN.
5.2 Your PIN must be 6 digits long. You agree that when you choose a PIN, you will choose something that will make it difficult for someone else to guess and that it will not be any of the following:
- Your date of birth;
- Your driver’s licence number;
- A sequence of the same numbers (eg 1111)
- A sequence of consecutive numbers (eg 1234 or 4321).
5.3 You must ensure at all times that:
- your PIN is kept secure and not disclosed to anyone, except to us while using Sunsuper Member Online; and
- you do not by any other action or omission (for example leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Member Online), allow any person other than yourself to access information or effect transactions relating to your Account.
To protect your PIN, you must:
- protect your PIN from being lost, stolen or disclosed;
- Not keep a written record of your PIN;
- Not give, show or tell your PIN to anyone;
- Not allow any person to read or hear your PIN, or watch you enter your PIN;
- Log off immediately after your have finished accessing your account.
Please note that we will not ask you for your PIN.
- understand that your Member Number and PIN allow anybody using them to obtain access to information and effect transactions relating to your Account, as permitted by Sunsuper Member Online. Leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Member Online may also lead to these consequences;
- authorise us, where the correct Member Number and PIN relating to your Account have been entered, to treat any operations on your Account, whether involving access to information or the effecting of transactions, as having been personally authorised in writing by you;
- acknowledge that we are under no duty whatsoever to enquire or establish whether a person accessing your Account using Sunsuper Member Online is a person actually authorised;
- understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and that, while we will take all reasonable measures to protect the security of such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us using Sunsuper Member Online.
5.5 If you suspect that your PIN and Member Number may have become known to any other person, or that for any other reason another person may have been in a position to access your Account using Sunsuper Member Online, you must ensure that:
- your PIN is changed; and
- you inform the Administrator immediately on 13 11 84.
6. Currency and Accessibility
6.1 You acknowledge that:
- information available through Sunsuper Member Online may not always be current;
- transactions effected via Sunsuper Member Online may take some time to process; and
- the services and functions offered through Sunsuper Member Online may not all be available at all times.
7.1 You acknowledge that subject only to the express qualifications below you are solely responsible for all use of Sunsuper Member Online, including information accessed, transactions made to your Account, and any breach of these terms and conditions.
7.2 Without limiting paragraph 7.1, you are liable in respect of access to information and transactions made to your Account:
- whenever the access to your Account via Sunsuper Member Online has been gained following the entry of your Member Number and PIN;
- if you disclose your Member Number or PIN to another person or fail to keep it properly secure; or
- if you have otherwise, by action or omission, permitted a third party to access your Account via Sunsuper Member Online.
7.3 For the purposes of clause 7.1 and 7.2, you will continue to be liable in relation to any information accessed or transactions effected up until the time that you notify the Administrator on 13 11 84 that:
- the Member Number and/or PIN may have become known to someone not entitled know it,
- unauthorised access may have been gained to your Account in some other way, and
- we have had a reasonable opportunity to take appropriate security measures.
7.4 You will not be liable for unauthorised access to, or transactions affecting, your Account via Sunsuper Member Online following correct entry of your Member Number and PIN if all of the following apply:
- you were in no way responsible for the Member Number and PIN becoming known to, or Sunsuper Member Online being used by, an unauthorised user;
- you were not otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions;
- you have otherwise acted honestly and reasonably and taken all due and proper care in the use of Sunsuper Member Online;
- you check your Account statements for unauthorised operations as soon as you receive them; and
- you fully co-operate with us and assist in investigating the circumstances that may have resulted in the unauthorised access or an unauthorised transaction.
Nothing in this clause 7.4 is to be taken as imposing a duty or obligation on us that would not otherwise apply.
7.5 Subject to clause 7.6, we will not be liable for:
- reliance by anyone on information obtained through Sunsuper Member Online;
- any failure by Sunsuper Member Online to provide information or perform operations requested, or any delays;
- any amount of loss or damage, except in the event of our negligence, fraud or deliberate misconduct;
- indirect or special loss or damage however caused, including as a result of negligence;
- consequential loss or damage suffered as a result of using Sunsuper Member Online;
- unavailability of Sunsuper Member Online; or
- any events whatsoever beyond our control.
7.6 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify:
- the application of any provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, or any equivalent State or Territory legislation;
- the exercise of any right conferred by such provisions; or our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by such a provision.
In the event of inconsistency with any such provision or with any other law, these terms and conditions will be read down accordingly.
8. On-Line Services
8.1 On-Line Services
We are authorised to act upon all instructions provided through Sunsuper Member Online using your Member Number and PIN. Transactions made through Sunsuper Member Online are :
- governed by these conditions; and
governed also by provisions of the Trust Deed governing the super fund and by the terms and conditions of any policy in respect of the membership of the super fund. We may delay acting on your instructions or we may ask you for more information before acting on your instructions.
8.2 If the service is not available, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that Sunsuper Member Online is available at all times.
It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting normal payments or transaction details to the Fund if for any reason you are unable to use this service.
We are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- Failure of a service to perform in whole or in part, any function which we have specified it will perform;
- The unavailability of a service to you in whole or in part because of the failure of any communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- Delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of any communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
8.3 Errors or mistakes
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we make available to you through Sunsuper Member Online is correct and updated as per your instructions. You must contact us as soon as possible if you think:
- There has been a mistake in a transaction made through Sunsuper Member Online; or
- Information received through Sunsuper Member Online is wrong or incorrect; or
- Updates are not reflected on your account after 10 working days
We will do our best to rectify the error or indicate to you the approximate time necessary to rectify the error or complete the transaction upon receiving full disclosure of information relating to an error or mistake.
We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidential information concerning your membership/s with us, which we receive from you electronically via our Internet site.
9.1We may vary any of these conditions by written notice to you before a change becomes effective:
- by notice displayed on the screen; or
- by any other reasonable method.
9.2 If you use Sunsuper Member Online after notice has been given by a method referred to above, you will be taken to have accepted the variation.
9.3 Any help files and on screen notices form part of these terms and conditions to the extent relevant. If you use any function to which a help file or on screen notice applies, you will be taken to have accepted the help file and on screen notices as part of these terms and conditions.
10. Cancellation of Service
We may at any time without notice cancel your ability to use Sunsuper Member Online if we suspect you or someone else is being fraudulent or not within the terms and conditions as prescribed.
You may cancel your ability to use the service at any time by notifying us by e-mail, in writing or telephone on 13 11 84.
11.1 We may terminate your access to Sunsuper Member Online by giving written notice addressed to the last address we hold in our records for you, or by one of the methods referred to in clause 9.1 for notifying variation of conditions.
11.2 If at any time we consider it desirable for security reasons to conduct investigations we may suspend your access to Sunsuper Member Online with or without notice to you.
12. Further Information
You can contact us by:
- Telephone (Customer Service Centre) 13 11 84
- write to us at: GPO BOX 2924, Brisbane QLD 4001