Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Sunsuper Employer Online. When logging on to Sunsuper Employer Online for the first time, you will be prompted to accept these terms and conditions by clicking on the “I agree” box on the screen that appears on your first login to Sunsuper Employer Online. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will be unable to use Sunsuper Employer Online. If you are not sure about any of the information contained in these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service Centre on 13 11 84. We will be happy to explain any matter to you.
1. Terms and conditions for use
These terms and conditions only apply to Sunsuper Employer Online and your use of it to submit superannuation contribution data and payments as applicable to your situation. All the other terms and conditions that apply to your relationship with Sunsuper still apply, including the general terms and conditions that relate to the use of the Sunsuper internet site.
2. Accepting these terms and conditions
You accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions by clicking on the “I agree” box on the screen that appears on your first login to Sunsuper Employer Online.
3. Meaning of terms
In these terms and conditions:
- “Account” means the Sunsuper Employer Online account established in your name;
- “Customer Reference Number” refers to the reference number used by the party to whom money is paid with the purpose of identifying the party making a payment through any of the electronic payment methods (ie.BPay, EFT, direct debit or direct credit);
- “Employer” means a participating employer with Sunsuper;
- “Member” means a member of Sunsuper;
- “Online Service” refers to Sunsuper Employer Online; (https://secure.sunsuper.com.au/EmployerOnline);
- “Password” means a confidential string of characters which when used with your Username gives you access to Sunsuper Employer Online;
- “Payment Reference Number” refers to a unique reference number made of 18 digits, which identifies payments uniquely. It is referred to in bills, letters, reports to allow the correlation between the relevant report, bill or letter and the payment associated with it. It is generated before the payment is made, and it is used in conjunction with other Payment Mechanism data items to enable a payment via a chosen mechanism type;
- “Standard” refers to the SuperStream Data and Payment Standards 2012;
- “Sunsuper” means the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund;
- “Sunsuper Employer Online” means the facility permitting you to connect to us via the internet to obtain information about your account and carry out certain transactions;
- “Sunsuper internet site” or “internet site” refers to our web site (https://www.sunsuper.com.au);
- “Superfund” means Sunsuper;
- “Trust Deed” means the trust deed (as amended), which established Sunsuper;
- “Username” means a confidential alphanumerical string of characters given to you by us, which must be entered to identify who is operating your account for the purposes of transacting Sunsuper Employer Online. The Username will be recorded against any transactions performed via Sunsuper Employer Online;
- “We", "us" or "our” refers to Sunsuper Pty Ltd (ABN 88 010 720 840, AFSL No 228 975), and its administrator Precision Administration Services Pty Ltd (Precision) (ABN 47 098 977 667, AFSL No 246 604). These terms and conditions bind, and may be enforced by, both those parties jointly and separately. Precision is wholly owned by Sunsuper Pty Ltd (via its custodian) as Trustee for the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921);
- “You" and "your” refers to the person or entity that has created a Sunsuper Employer Online account and is permitted to access and to use Sunsuper Employer Online. Any references in these conditions to “you” and “your” includes a reference to any third party authorised by you to access and/or operate your account(s) through Sunsuper Employer Online, with the intent that you shall be liable for any use of Sunsuper Employer Online in respect of your account(s) and for any failure on the part of any such third party to observe these terms and conditions;
- Any reference to any legislation or to any Part or provision of any legislation includes a reference to any modification or re-enactment of it, any Part or legislative provision substituted for it and all regulations and statutory instruments issued under it.
4. Continued application of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to each use of Sunsuper Employer Online. By using Sunsuper Employer Online you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you cannot use Sunsuper Employer Online.
5. Access and Security
5.1. We will provide you with a username and password.
You will be required to change any password provided by us on your first login to Sunsuper Employer Online after receiving the password.
You must enter your username and password whenever you use Sunsuper Employer Online. These details will be different for each employer account.
To maximise security, you should regularly change your password by following the directions contained on our internet site. You can also do this by contacting us on 13 11 84 and we will forward you a new password.
5.2. Your password must be between 8 and 35 characters long and must contain at least one numeric character. You agree that when you choose a password, you will choose something that will make it difficult for someone else to guess and that it will not be any of the following:
- A sequence of the same characters (e.g. 1111 or aaaa); or
- A sequence of consecutive characters (e.g. 1234 or 4321 or abcd).
5.3. You must ensure at all times that:
- your password and username are kept secure and not disclosed to anyone, except to us while using Sunsuper Employer Online; and
- you do not by any other action or omission (for example leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Employer Online), allow any person other than yourself to access information or effect transactions relating to your account.
To protect your password and username, you must:
- protect your password and username from being lost, stolen or disclosed;
- not keep a written record of your password and username;
- not give, show or tell your password and username to anyone;
- not allow any person to read or hear your password and username, or watch you enter your password and username; and
- log off immediately after you have finished accessing your account.
Please note that we will not ask you for your password.
- understand that your username and password allow anybody using them to obtain access to information and effect transactions relating to your account, as permitted by Sunsuper Employer Online. Leaving your computer unattended while logged on to Sunsuper Employer Online may also lead to these consequences;
- authorise us, where the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, to treat any operations on your account, whether involving access to information or the effecting of transactions, as having been personally authorised in writing by you;
- acknowledge that we are under no duty whatsoever to enquire or establish whether a person accessing your account using Sunsuper Employer Online is a person actually authorised; and
- understand that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and that, while we will take all reasonable measures to protect the security of such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us using Sunsuper Employer Online.
5.5. If you suspect that your password and username may have become known to any other person, or that for any other reason another person may have been in a position to access your account using Sunsuper Employer Online, you must ensure that:
- your password is changed; and
- you inform us immediately on 13 11 84.
6. Currency and accessibility
6.1. You acknowledge that:
- information available through Sunsuper Employer Online may not always be current;
- transactions effected via Sunsuper Employer Online may take some time to process; and
- the services and functions offered through Sunsuper Employer Online may not all be available at all times.
7.1. You acknowledge that subject only to the express qualifications below you are solely responsible for all use of Sunsuper Employer Online, including information accessed, transactions using your account, and any breach of these terms and conditions.
7.2. Without limiting paragraph 7.1, you are liable in respect of access to information and transactions using your account:
- whenever the access to your account via Sunsuper Employer Online has been gained following the entry of your username and password;
- if you disclose your username or password to another person or fail to keep it properly secure; or
- if you have otherwise, by action or omission, permitted a third party to access your account via Sunsuper Employer Online.
7.3. For the purposes of clause 7.1 and 7.2, you will continue to be liable in relation to any information accessed or transactions effected up until the time that you notify us on 13 11 84 that:
- your username and/or password may have become known to someone not entitled to know it;
- staff authorised to use Sunsuper Employer Online have: (a) left your employ and are no longer entitled to use Sunsuper Employer Online; or (b) have moved to a role no longer requiring access to Sunsuper Employer Online;
- unauthorised access may have been gained to your account in some other way; and
- we have had a reasonable opportunity to take appropriate security measures.
7.4. You will not be liable for unauthorised access to, or transactions affecting, your account via Sunsuper Employer Online following correct entry of your username and password if all of the following apply:
- you were in no way responsible for the username and password becoming known to, or Sunsuper Employer Online being used by, an unauthorised user;
- you were not otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions;
- you have otherwise acted honestly and reasonably and taken all due and proper care in the use of Sunsuper Employer Online;
- you check your contribution returns for unauthorised operations as soon as you receive them; and
- you fully co-operate with us and assist in investigating the circumstances that may have resulted in the unauthorised access or an unauthorised transaction.
Nothing in this clause 7.4 is to be taken as imposing a duty or obligation on us that would not otherwise apply.
7.5. Subject to clause 7.6, we will not be liable for:
- reliance by anyone on information obtained through Sunsuper Employer Online;
- any failure by Sunsuper Employer Online to provide information or perform operations requested, or any delays;
- any amount of loss or damage, except in the event of our negligence, fraud or deliberate misconduct;
- indirect or special loss or damage however caused, including as a result of negligence;
- consequential loss or damage suffered as a result of using Sunsuper Employer Online;
- unavailability of Sunsuper Employer Online; or
- any events whatsoever beyond our control.
7.6. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify:
- the application of any provisions of the Competition And Consumer Act 2010, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, or any equivalent State or Territory legislation;
- the exercise of any right conferred by such provisions; or
- our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by such a provision.
In the event of inconsistency with any such provision or with any other law, these terms and conditions will be read down accordingly.
7.7. To the extent permitted by law, we limit our liability for breach of any of the non-excludable guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law to:
- the supplying of the services again, or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
8. Online services
8.1. Online services
We are authorised to act upon all instructions provided through Sunsuper Employer Online using your username and password. Transactions made through Sunsuper Employer Online are:
- governed by these conditions; and
- governed by any other terms and conditions you accept during your use of Employer Online (including in any Product Disclosure Statement we provide to you and which you accept).
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that Sunsuper Employer Online is available at all times.
It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting normal payments or contribution details to Sunsuper if for any reason you are unable to use Sunsuper Employer Online.
We are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- failure of a service to perform in whole or in part, any function whether or not we have specified that service will be performed or performed in a particular way;
- the unavailability of a service to you in whole or in part because of the failure of any communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of a communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
8.3. Errors or mistakes
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information that we make available to you through Sunsuper Employer Online is correct and updated as per your instructions.
You must contact us as soon as possible if you think:
- there has been a mistake in a transaction made through Sunsuper Employer Online; or
- information received through Sunsuper Employer Online is wrong or incorrect; or
- updates are not reflected on your account after 10 working days.
We will do our best to rectify the error or indicate to you the approximate time necessary to rectify the error or complete the transaction upon receiving full disclosure of information relating to an error or mistake.
8.4. Privacy and Confidentiality
We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidential information concerning your account with us, which we receive from you electronically via Sunsuper Employer Online.
From time to time we will use de-identified information collected through the system to perform analysis of the online system and to collate data for research and marketing purposes.
9.1. We may vary any of these conditions by written notice to you before a change becomes effective:
- by notice displayed on any screen within Sunsuper Employer Online; or
- by any other reasonable method.
9.2. If you use Sunsuper Employer Online after notice has been given by a method referred to above, you will be taken to have accepted the variation.
9.3. Any help files and on screen notices within Sunsuper Employer Online form part of these terms and conditions to the extent relevant. If you use any function to which a help file or on screen notice applies, you will be taken to have accepted the help file and on screen notices as part of these terms and conditions.
10. Suspension and cancellation of Sunsuper Employer Online
We may at any time without notice modify, restrict, suspend or cancel your ability to use Sunsuper Employer Online (with or without notice to you) if we reasonably suspect you or someone else is being engaged in any fraudulent activity, where your use is, or may, affect use by any other user of Sunsuper Employer Online or where we reasonably believe your use does not comply with these terms and conditions.
You may cancel your ability to use Sunsuper Employer Online at any time by notifying us by e-mail, in writing or telephone on 13 11 84.
We may terminate your access to Sunsuper Employer Online by giving written notice addressed to the last address we hold in our records for you, or by one of the methods referred to in clause 9.1 for notifying variation of conditions.
Sunsuper Employer Online meets the requirements of SuperStream.
- The terms and definitions used in Sunsuper Employer Online align with the relevant terms and conditions specified in Schedule 2 to the Standard, titled Data and Payment Standards – Superannuation Terms and Definitions.
- Alternative data mappings and business rules used in Sunsuper Employer Online align with the requirements specified in Schedule 4a to the Standard, titled Data and Payment Standards – Contributions Message Implementation Guide.
Details of the alternative data mappings used in Sunsuper Employer Online can be located here.
13. Further information
Call: 13 11 84
Write to us at:
GPO BOX 2924,
Brisbane QLD 4001 ®
Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd
ABN 69 079 137 518