Complaint Handling Policy | Contact Us | Sunsuper Skip Navigation

Complaint Handling Policy

Policy Statement

This is the Sunsuper Complaint Handling Policy. This policy outlines relevant information for customers on how to lodge a complaint with Sunsuper, key steps in the complaint resolution process in Sunsuper, and details about accessing the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Sunsuper is the name we use to describe the business that offers a range of superannuation products and related financial services. Sunsuper Pty Ltd (ABN 88 010 720 840, AFSL No. 228975) is the Trustee of the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund (ABN 98 503 137 921). Financial product advice is provided by representatives of Sunsuper Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 50 087 154 818, AFSL No. 227867), wholly owned by the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund. Administration services are provided by Precision Administration Services Pty Ltd (ABN 47 098 977 667, AFSL No. 246604) (Precision), wholly owned by the Sunsuper Superannuation Fund.

Precision has its own Privacy Policy that relates to the clearing house products it issues, Sunsuper clearing house and Beam.

Why do we have this policy?

By law, the Australian Financial Services (AFS) Licensees of each of Sunsuper must have an internal dispute resolution (IDR) procedure that details how we manage complaints about how we provide financial services. Our aim is to provide fairness to you and all parties throughout the investigation and resolution process. This policy explains the principles for how we manage complaints.

Key Principles

All complaints must be handled efficiently and effectively in accordance with legislative requirements with the aim of ensuring we manage our complaint handling procedures objectively and fairly. We analyse complaint data to identify opportunities to improve our products and services, and the experience for members, members’ beneficiaries and third parties.


This policy sets out the process for internal dispute resolution (IDR) and applies to member, client or third-party interactions that meet the definition of a complaint, except comments made about a Sunsuper entity where a response is not expected, for example:

  • feedback provided through a survey; and/or
  • information provided solely to bring an issue to the attention of the Sunsuper, e.g. a webpage is not working as expected.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to or about Sunsuper, related to its products or services, staff, or the handling of a complaint, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.

Some examples of complaints include:

  • dissatisfaction with financial advice provided or delay in service in providing the advice
  • dissatisfaction with a service provided or delay in administering a superannuation account
  • dissatisfaction with terms or conditions related to one of our products
  • an objection to a proposed decision about how and to whom to pay a superannuation death benefit distribution
  • dissatisfaction with the handling of an insurance claim.

Who can make a complaint?

Complaints can be made by or on behalf of:

  • a member of Sunsuper or former member of Sunsuper
  • a beneficiary with an interest in a death benefit, including a person acting for the deceased member’s estate
  • a spouse or former spouse of a member who is, or intends to be, party to an agreement under the Family Law Act 1975 or subject to an order affecting superannuation and is eligible to request information about our member’s superannuation interest
  • authorised third parties e.g. financial advisers or legal practitioners
  • employers; or
  • service providers.

How to make a complaint

If you have a complaint about the financial products or services we provide, we want to know about it as soon as possible. You can lodge your complaint with us by:

  • calling us
  • visiting our Member Reception
  • posting us a letter
  • via the Contact Us page on our website; or
  • through the Sunsuper App.

Phone: 13 11 84
Mon - Fri 8.00am – 6.30pm

Post: The Complaints Manager
          GPO Box 2924
          Brisbane QLD 4001

In person: Milton – Cribb Street
                  30 Little Cribb Street, Milton
                  Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm


Live chat:
                 Mon – Fri 8.00am – 6:30pm

Important information about making a complaint

Below are factsheets and policies which provide important information about making a complaint.

download icon Sunsuper member/employer important information about making a complaint factsheet

download icon Sunsuper clearing house important information about making a complaint factsheet

download icon Beam important information about making a complaint factsheet

download icon Clearing house Complaints Policy

download icon Beam Complaints Policy