When it comes to affordable, flexible insurance - we’ve got you covered. Our standard insurance cover is automatically provided to eligible members with a Super-savings account and gives you assurance that you, your family and your lifestyle will have some protection when you need it most.
Our insurance offers
- automatic insurance cover for Death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), provided you meet the eligibility criteria (see below),
- access to Income Protection (IP) cover
- options to increase your cover to meet your needs,
- competitive premiums, usually lower than cover you would organise yourself, and
- premiums deducted from your super, so they have no impact on your take-home pay.
When you join Sunsuper for life, you are automatically given insurance cover for Death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) provided you meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must be:
- aged between 15 and 70 (TPD cover is not available from age 67), and
- actively employed
Options to increase your insurance cover
Having the right level of insurance cover can give you peace of mind about the financial future for you and your family. We offer extra cover through Standard insurance and Tailored insurance. Try our needs calculator to work out how much cover you might need.
Find out more about insurance with Sunsuper.
Additional insurance is subject to acceptance by the insurer. The date cover starts will usually be the date it is accepted by the insurer.
Cover is provided through group life policies issued by AIA Australia Limited ABN 79 004 837 861.