Our offer to partner with financial advisers is built on an overwhelming drive to deliver on our promise to members - to help them achieve their retirement dreams. Through our commitment and support, we firmly believe advisers will be able to deliver the best possible service and outcomes for their clients; our members.
Size, ownership and governance
- As one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing super and retirement businesses, Sunsuper manages $33 billion in funds under management for over 1 million members.
- We are a national multi-employer, multi-industry fund with significant members in every state and territory.
- Our trustee structure provides a strong governance framework that delivers accountability with minimum bureaucracy.
- Our board is made up of equal representation of member and employer organisations as well as an independent director. No Board member is an employee of Sunsuper or our service providers
- Sunsuper isn’t an industry aligned fund – we have members from across all sectors.
Core internal capability
- Sunsuper has been recognised as an industry leading innovator in delivering member services. We have been awarded the Chant West Best Fund: Member Services award for three years in a row. We are also Conexus Financial’s Fund of the Year – Member Engagement for 2015.
- Unlike many other superannuation funds, we design and control the end-to-end customer experience, including our administration.
Account options for every life stage
- Choose a Super-savings account, Income account (Transition to retirement) or Income account (Retirement)
- Simple transition from accumulation to retirement phase via the same single trust and product.
- A MySuper approved product – which was the first MySuper approved product in Australia.
A wide range of investment options
- Investment options to suit differing investor needs and risk tolerance
- Access to active and passive investment options
- A multi-manager investment strategy and access to the best ideas and consultants on a global basis.
- Flexible insurance options including Death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), Income protection cover (with benefit periods including 2 years, 5 years and to age 65 with a waiting period of 30, 60, 90 or 180 days).
- Beneficiary options - preferred, binding, and reversionary (income accounts)
- Anti-detriment payments paid automatically.